Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home!


Well! It's official. JS, Prada-Dog, Bella-Pooch and I are the proud leasers of a new abode. (New to us anyway. Not actually new in the recently built fashion.) It's a 1984 duplex, 2 bed, 1 (tiny) bath, and it has an EXCELLENT yard for the bad dogs! The best part is we share ZERO WALLS with our neighbor! We have new carpet and LOTS of space. WOO HOO!


I know you might be a little disappointed about the one bath, but don't be! It's really okay. It's become a bit of a joke here... JS will growl at me if I disturb his steamy sanctuary and I will tell him, "Move aside mister. Prada is using the other bathroom." Or "You have 5 seconds to evacuate or I'm taking an emergency piss in your boot." But mostly our lives are free from any bathroom wars because I have a nice little "dressing table" to do my hair and face paint in the guest room. Now who's coming to visit!?


The day we received the keys found me a wee bit disenchanted. The yard needed immediate mowing, the bathroom lighting was sadly dimmer than I remembered, and it appears a previous tenant had an issue with the walls that made patching a full time hobby... The backyard was COVERED in 20 years worth of oak leaves, piles and piles of them. (I have already spent one entire morning last week raking, think intense cardio, and yielded 23 bags of leaves! The best part? By my current calculations I have at least 10 more bags to go.) The screen door has a serious gangster lean, the washer looks to be leaking into the garage wall, but otherwise, the new place is fit as a fiddle!


Further good news revealed our duplex neighbor has a band! Thanks again to the Sweet Baby Jesus we have already survived two "Band Nights" with no lasting wounds. The drums are faintly audible but not loud enough to be a disturbance.


On a more positive note, I look like an effing Super Model in our pleasantly dim bathroom, yard work burns LOTS of calories, the patched holes in the walls are not very noticeable if you don't look directly at the walls or you like to drink wine, and our neighbor kind of rocks! Not bad at all, if I do say so myself. The best part is we are within walking distance to a BEER CAFE! Seriously. It's almost too good to be true. Bella and I lunched there last week on the dog friendly patio and JS and I had a date night playing pool. (I'm way better than I remembered. Apparently half my college tuition spent at the Chicken wasn't a complete waste!)


Mom, G, JS and a pair of movers made the transition a breeze. Everything was relatively unpacked and organized in less than 10 short days. (Perhaps with the exception of JS' room/ the guest room. We may be on to our next place before the Raticus Packus gets his gear stashed away ;) Multiple boxes piled around are a nice theme, right?) The first barbeque here was a great success. Band guy brought his guitar, the neighbors across the street brought sausage for the grille and we hosted 12 guests quite comfortably!


We love the new digs and the new neighborhood. I can't wait to host guests now that we have more than 600 square feet and some fine guest room accommodations! I will even promise NOT to burst in while you’re resting comfortably to blow dry my hair if anyone wants to come stay :)  Consider yourself officially invited!

1 comment:

  1. well good lord! So glad you decided to make a new post...I was beg. to think you were a quiter! ;) lol... Cant wait to see the new diggs and glad you are settled! xoxo

    ReplyDelete